Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Happy Groundhog's Day!

How exciting. Another tradition based around animals seeing things that aren't really there. Come to think of it, I guess most holidays fall into this category...

Not much on the news front. I did a shift at Samaritans this morning. That was nice. I haven't been on the phones since becoming a Homeleader, and it was interesting to get back into the swing of things. I think I'll try to do one shift a month or so.

Speaking of volunteering, here's a question for you, my two readers: should I start volunteering at a hospice? It seems to be important work, and though it can be difficult, I don't know how much worse it could be than some of the calls I've taken at Sams.

OH. Tax form update. My 1099s have all arrived! I've decided that ING is going to only send the one, and since it's incomplete, well, too bad for them. It'll just increase my chance of getting audited, which is, of course, fine. Thank god for impeccable records / crippling OCD. I also have 2 of my 3 W-2s. The one missing is from ... H&R Block. They are thieves, so I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't going to report my income and keep the $100 in taxes they skimmed from me. After that arrives, I'll be all set. My 1098-T came too, so that'll save me a bundle. It's unclear if I'll be getting a refund.

Speaking of all things financial, I still haven't heard from the NSF!

Today I get to pick up my skis! I'm driving to the State House to get my Senate Contact at 5pm, and we are going to drive down to Dedham to pick them up. I'm pretty excited. Since he has to stay in town this weekend for work reasons, we are thinking of going night skiing on Saturday. How delightful!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the two readers, here! I think volunteering at a hospice would be a wonderful thing. Not easy, as you are aware. And not in the same way as the difficult Samaritans calls. But if you're up for it, you could do a lot of good work.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home