Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tax Free Weekend

Wow. So this past weekend, the state of Massachusetts (well, really the Commonwealth) decided to have a sales tax holiday: any item under $2500 was tax free. Amazing! To ramp up sales a little more, pretty much every store I visited had additional sales. I didn't really end up spending too much. It was pretty much what I expected, give or take.

Here's what I got:

1. Skis! At REI I found a really nice pair of skis for $105. Since they were originally marked at $400, it seems like a pretty good deal. I still need to get bindings and boots, but that shouldn't be too hard. I can just use tape and sneakers!

2. Bike stuff. My bike tires have been flat for about 4 years, so I got them fixed. I also got a helmet and a new lock. My Senate Contact lives just up the street from me, and it is an easy bike ride.

3. An iPod Mini for my Senate Contact. His b-day is coming up.

My Senate Contact also bought a new mattress. He has a bed, but didn't have the mattress yet. We have to modify his bed slightly, but that should just be fun. It will be coming on Sunday.

So I did my part, helping spend money while keeping it from the state. Go America!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

america, fuck yeah!
comin' agin' to save the motherfucking day, yeah!
america, fuck yeah!
(tax) freedom is the only way, yeah!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Teena said...

When are you going to blog again? I miss your blog!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home