Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm in Paris!

Quick note before I head out on the town. I'm back in Paris for a few days. I'm leaving here on Sunday for Germany, where I will spend a week at a conference at a place called Oberwolfach (it means something like "above the black forest"). It's nice to be back in Paris, since I haven't been here in months. Actually, I might not have been here in over a year. I'm staying with A. W.'s boyfriend, H. L. in an apartment which was occupied by another friend of mine before H. L. moved in. It's really cute, and he has done a lot with it.

Yesterday was my big travel day. I arrived in Paris a little after 7 AM, and I immediately went to change $ to €. The woman in line in front of me was taking for ever to exchange her 50€ note, and then I realized that the problem was that the teller didn't thing that it was a real note! She showed it to the other tellers, and then agreed, so she sent the woman on her way. I'd thought something a little fishy was going on, since the woman was "talking on her cellphone" but not making any noise...

I made it to H. L.'s apartment without inscident, and I took a brief nap after firing off a few e-mails to let people back home know I'd arrived safely. After sleeping for a bit, I went for a long walk around the western part of Paris with H. L., window shopping and visiting little parks. Today he has class, so I am going to wander around a good bit more, maybe seeing some other parks along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home