Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Return to the Movie Theaters

So I just came back from seeing the new Star Wars movie. I had been, like many people, burned by the previous two, so I was a little wary. I wondered how they could top the last movie in terms of crazy chases and such (not to mention the use of stereotypes). I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The story focuses mainly on Skywalker descending to Vader-hood. Parts of it are kind of touching. Parts of it didn't gel with me. Parts of it I really liked. Parts of it were really cute. All told, it is a fun movie to see, and I'd be willing to see it again. After the previous ones, this is pretty high praise!

Equally fun were some of the previews for new movies. The new Batman and Fantastic 4 movies look pretty good. Even better is "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". The preview was fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Any volunteers?

I also ran into an old friend at the movie, Mr. J. M. Many readers of my `blog might remember him from my freshman year. He's now just finished his first year of law school at NEastern. How fun!

Yesterday was spent in its entirety grading exams. On the plus side, it's now over. I've assigned grades to all my students, and I can put it all behind me until the next time I need to teach. Since I have a teaching credit all stored up, that won't be for a while! It was really exhausting. All I wanted to do was go to sleep afterwards. I talked politics for a while with my insider on the phone, then I pretty much zonked out. That's the best thing for me to do at times like that. I am always a little moody, and when I get sleepy, it's all the worse. It's usually best for me to just go to bed, rather than risk fighting with friends or offending people.

Now all that's left for this term is to finish evaluating a student teacher and turn it in. Then I'll work some more on fixing things up for my webpage and maybe writing up that computation that my adviser wants me to have down on paper. He's psyched about it, so that's good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home