Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Lake George Update

This morning, my main task has been to set up Grandma's cable modem. Belive me, this is a chore I'm happy to handle. It has actually been trickier than I might like to admit. Many of the options for things like cables were bought in the 70s, when the house was wired. I'm not sure, in fact, if the cable connecting the cable input to the house to the upstairs can handle the increase of power needed for a cable modem. Guess we'll find out! Next we are going to work on replanting some spider plants. These are the parents of my little spider plant babies (one of whom is recovering from a nasty spill), so they should take off pretty quickly in their new homes.

One big highlight of yesterday was seeing Miss B. M. out at Williams. The drive was an adventure (both to Williams and from it), but I made it around safely and I had a great time seeing him. He gave me this magazine he had found in NYC that had some very interesting ads. Hilarious. I may have been able to extract a promise from him to visit more frequently. That'd be great!

I think that I am going to fly home on Monday. I've found some one-way flights which are somewhat reasonable. If I didn't have a ton of stuff to do back in Boston, I'd probably just stay for a few more days, but duty calls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home