Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's be 10 hours and 4 whole days

since I last updated my 'blog. I've been really busy with all kinda of other random stuff. But this isn't really an excuse. I'll try to spell out some of the better highlights.

  1. Monday was An. H. 's defense. After all was said and done, we went to T.G.'s apartment to drown our sorrows about his leaving and his stress in a river of gin. Rumor has it that I had a few drinks too many, prompting a drunken text message to my Senate Contact at 1 in the morning. Delightful!
  2. Tuesday I had someone practice teach for me, giving me extra time to metabolize away the remaining gin in my system and to prepare my JuviTop talk. The talk itself was so boring that I drove some people from the room, and we had to postpone for a week. At least I didn't shame myself too terribly.
  3. Wednesday was a quite good day. I talked with some people about things that had been on my mind. I had lunch with my friend R.T.. I sold some stocks on which I took a loss because of Vanguard's accounting, but for which in my mind I took a gain, since if I begin counting from when I started trading, then my statement is correct. I found a paper online which contained a key result which I had conjectured and which I needed to prove my result. I met with my advisor (always a trip. He is outrageously funny). Then, best of all, I had a really nice dinner with my Senate Contact out in Dedham and hung out with him for the evening. Such a good time.
I'm going to Germany for a bit in June. That should be fun, since I'm going to see a lot of my math friends, including the awesome Notre Dame kids, there. The conference center is also apparently beautiful, so it should be a really good time all around. If anyone wants postcards or anything, please make sure to let me know. Even better? Maybe you should comment on my `blog...

Tomorrow I'm going out to upstate NY to spend the weekend with my Grandma. On the way, I'm going to have lunch with my friend B.M. (who's birthday is today. Happy Birthday, girl!). I'll be leaving Cambridge pretty damn early to make it out there in a timely manner, but that's ok. I'll survive! The really tough part will be getting up even earlier to make it to the gym tomorrow before heading out. I'm really getting back into the swing of things with that. I guess that means that I shouldn't get TOO insanely drunk tonight...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You getting drunk without me? I hope I at least get a drunk text message again. Those are the best

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home