Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Going Public

Last night at T.G.'s birthday party, I bit the bullet and announced the existence of this blog to my friends from the math department. I've gotten a warm reception so far, and that's certainly been nice. I guess part of that is not saying anything mean about people. Maybe I should remember that for other parts of my life.

The party was very nice. It was a black-tie affair, prompting me to go shirtless (it makes for a better effect). My outfit was surprisingly well received. I guess they are all used to my antics at this point. Finger food was set out before I arrived, and we nibbled on things all through the evening. After a short bit of socializing, we played a number of party games. This is by far the best reason to go to parties. I love games like Pictionary and Taboo, so I was delighted when we played both. T. G. and C.D. had arranged a little twist, though. Party favors were distributed to the guests based on who one the various games. To make it a little more exciting, if you picked after someone else and your liked their party favor better, you could exchange with them (against their will). I made out like a bandit with some great little gummy frogs and cars. Delicious.

I've been thinking a lot about getting a cheap digital camera. I see really wacky things on an almost daily basis (it's proof of God's love for me), and it might be nice to punctuate my fantastically droll retellings of said encounters with actual pictures. I can't quite find one that fits my two main criteria: cheap and high quality. Guess I'll see soon enough.

Today is gonna be a lazy day. I got up late, and I think I'll just play video games for a bit. If I feel sufficiently motivated, I might go to the gym or get my bike fixed. On the other hand, I might just keep sitting on the couch in my bathrobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home