Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Baby Tiger Safe Haven Law

It has come to my attention, following a delightful lunch with my close contact in the Massachusetts state senate, that tigers lack a much needed legal protection: Baby Tiger Safe Haven Laws. For those unfamiliar with such legislation, Safe Haven Laws, named after a homeless shelter in Central Square which routinely collected babies and persecuted mothers, allow parents to drop off newborn infants at a police station, fire station, or other safe location without any legal hassles (unless there are signs of abuse). Recently, a frantic mother tiger faced the same situation encountered by numerous new moms: what should I do with this new mouth to feed? Her choice? To abandon her baby. In response to her plight, I propose the following legislation:

Baby Tiger Safe Haven

  1. Whereas numerous baby tigers are born to momma tigers (henceforth "tigresses") who cannot provide for them,
  2. Whereas abandoned baby tigers end up tossed in dumpsters at zoos, left in bathrooms at tiger proms, or thrown into the woods to be eaten by wolves or male tigers (including, but not limited to, "baby daddies"),
  3. Whereas numerous locations staffed with trained personnel and equipped to care for and place a baby tiger already exist,
  4. Be it resolved that tigresses who leave their baby tigers with trained staff at an appropriate locale not face any repercussions for their actions, provided the baby tiger be left within the first seven days of birth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home