Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Every Time I Hop in my Car...

something terrible happens. I was driving down I-87, on my way to spend a little quality time with my grandmother. Suddenly, a tire on the tractor-trailer in front of me lets go, and, well, I went right over it rather than veering into someone else's car. Tore out some of the undercarriage, including my radiator. There's a good bit of damage, and they were kind enough to tell me that it won't be fixed until at least Wednesday. Great. At least my insurance will cover most of it. I'll still be out $500 for my deductible AND they'll probably use this as an excuse for raising my rates. We'll see, I guess.

In the end, the important part is that I am uninjured. I'm a little bummed about my car (I mean, I've only got 14,000 miles on it), but that is definitely secondary to my well-being. Plus I made it up to see my grandmother, and she's pretty excited to have me here. She's even got a list of chores for me! It's nice to spend Mother's Day with family, too.

That's about it. I did make it to the gym today, even though I was super sore from not sleeping enough and playing tennis yesterday with V. Since I tend to carry stress in my neck, right between my shoulder blades, I'm gonna have a great time tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike I thought your specialty was getting hit by cars, not hitting things with your car! seriously though, i'm glad you were not hurt, and I hope this time you didn't chip your nail polish.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home