Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Wine, Women, & Song

Tonight I had dinner at my cousin I.B.'s house. Now, I.B. is a few years older than me. In fact, she has twins who are going on 13. It was really nice. She made dinner (Grilled chicken, broccoli [no wokilly involved], strawberry shortcake), and she was nice enough to both remember that for a time I was off sugar and to realize that this wouldn't last long at all. In fact, she was right on all counts. We had a few glasses of wine and just chatted for nearly 5 hours. It was great. We had fun conversations. We had emotional conversations. We had a really good time. 2 thumbs up in the opinion of this reviewer.

I figured out my travel home. I'm flying back to Boston on Monday, arriving at Logan at 2:25. This means that (a) I'll be able to frantically do my grading and (b) I'll be able to attend Mr. C.D.'s defense. I was quite worried about missing it. This adds another $215 to the cost of this little adventure (there goes my dreams of a digital camera), but that's ok. My grandmother has been really excited to have me here, so that makes up for it. Plus she might cover the plane ticket.

I got her internet stuff up and running today. It was quite a hassle in the end, since the wire connecting the cable to the upstairs cable jack was just bad. I had to run wires all around furniture and under doors to make a system that gets her blindingly fast connections. On the other hand, I also get this blindingly fast connection, so it makes internet use a lot easier.

We also planted all her little plants. My hands were covered in wet dirt, and it got all under my fingernails. On the plus side, I was standing out in the sun, slightly covered in dirt, in just jeans and a white undershirt. I dare say that I looked mighty cute! Definitely blue-color chic. I was glad to get another job taken care of.

Tomorrow we are all going out to dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. If I know your moms, please wish them a great day for me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home