Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Slow Days

Not too much going on of late. The big, exciting thing for me is that my digital camera arrived yesterday. I think I've taken all of 5 pictures, since I am terrified that I am going to wreck it. I'm also waiting for the right subjects. I guess I'm just a little picky. Is anyone surprised by that?

I spoke with the people fixing my car yesterday. They were kind enough to tell me that "it'll be about a week". I pointed out that it has already been over a week, and they tried to tell me that they had only gotten the go-ahead on Friday. I respectfully pointed out that I had personally called them on Wednesday to authorize the work, and then I changed tactics and let them know that it is difficult for me to get out there except for weekends and I really need my car back. They said they'd see what they can do. I'm going to call back tomorrow morning to see how things are going. This is crazy!

On Saturday, I went out with my Senate Contact and some of his friends to some bars on Newbury and Boylston St. We'd all hung out for a while beforehand, so it was a nice finish to a chill, fun evening. I was really had to have it all happen too, since I had been having a bit of a down day. I'm not really sure why; it just hits me sometimes. Guess I'm just "sensitive".

I'm currently working on fixing up my math department website. I have a tentative page up right now, but some of the links are conspicuously absent or contentless. Now that I have my camera, I can add photos, but the papers are going to take a little more work. I'm putting them up as I finish editing them. Still, it's taking a while. I should have them up pretty soon, though. For those curious: Mike Hill.

Tomorrow is my last teaching duty for quite a while. My kids have their final exam at 9 AM! I think that a lot of them are pretty nervous. I am too, in that after that, we have to all get together to grade all 700+ exams. The professor estimates that it'll take upwards of 5 hours. Wow. Then we get to do things like discuss grades and cut-offs for various letter grades. Talk about fun stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home