Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Busy Week

It has been a wild ride this week. Monday morning, as everyone no doubt recalls, found me still at Grandma's, awaiting news of my little car. When they hadn't called by 10, I became unsettled, so I called them. Well, they didn't know why the body shop hadn't gotten my car back to them, but they would call immediately to check on it. 20 minutes later, they still didn't know, but shortly after that, they called me back and said that my car was ready. I told them I'd be down around 1, 1:30 to pick it up, and they promised to have it all clean and ready for me. What a laugh.

When I arrived at the dealership at 1:30, my car was not yet cleaned. They whisked it away to get it all washed and handed me the bill: $1877! I had expected a bill for $1477, since this is what the estimate given me by the insurance company was. I asked why there was this extra $400 in charges, but they seemed to have no idea. I then started comparing the estimate (which I just happened to bring) with the itemized bill, and found that pretty much everything was matching up. They made me wait until the manager arrived (about 30 minutes later), and he just too the extra $400 off my bill ("There is a different rate for body work"). Mind you, my car was still not cleaned at this point, so I had to wait for another 30 minutes for them to drive it up to where I could get it. All told, I was glad to get on the road, but the delay meant that I didn't get back home until 7 PM. Then at 7:45, I had to go to the airport to pick up Ms. T. G. What a day!

Tuesday was pretty uneventful, after that round of excitement. My Senate Contact and I made dinner plans for his break during the budget discussions, but the debating continued unabated over the time we were to meet. Since it wasn't going to be much longer, I just waited around the Statehouse for a bit. By "waited" of course I mean "wandered", so somehow I found myself climbing a tiny spiral staircase on the 5th floor that lead onto the roof. Now I can say I have been on the roof of another building. I'd worried that it would set off alarms or something, but since (a) there were no signs warning about not being on the roof and (b) the door was open, I wasn't really worried. We met up shortly thereafter and had dinner at P. F. Chang's, this fun little Chinese place near the Common. We hung out for a while, avoiding the rain, before I went to Cantab lounge to meet up with C. O'N. who stood me up. Darn her! It's ok, though, since I was exhausted.

Even more fun than being exhausted Tuesday night was getting up early on Wednesday morning. I had Samaritans at 7 A M! It was a really slow shift, though, so I wasn't really worried about not being totally on my game. I took a few calls. I talked to a few people. I read a few trashy magazines. All in a day's work. The rest of the day passed pretty mundanely until the evening. My Senate Contact had bought tickets to see the Tony Award winning play "Take Me Out", about a Major League baseball player who comes out of the closet. It was a really funny play, so I had a great time. Sitting next to us (well, really in our seats) was this group of older people whom we befriended. They were really fun to talk to, and very sweet. I wanted to get their digits after the play so that we could all go see other shows together! It was nice, though, to get out and meet fun people.

Today should be equally busy. I'm meeting Mr. Cli. D. for lunch, since it is his B-day (Happy Birthday, Cli!), then I will try to do a little work around MIT. This evening is going to really rock, since I am going to see U2 in concert! Once again, my Senate Contact came through with awesome ideas for things to do. I'll be sure to post how it goes tomorrow, probably between going to the gym (I've gained 2 pounds, for those keeping score) and driving back to Grandma's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home