Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Amazing

I am still blown away by how great the U2 concert was. They performed for almost 2 and a half hours, playing all of the songs I hoped to hear plus a bunch of new stuff (Well, new to me). We had really great seats too. We were at the very front of the balcony at the Boston Garden, pretty much perfectly level with the front of the stage. This meant we could see everything! The music was loud enough that I could feel the bass rippling through me, and at times it felt like the whole balcony was shaking because of all of the people moving around and dancing on it. Talk about an amazing experience. I was super thrilled to be there!

Before the concert, we all stopped in a few bars along the way. I decided I wanted some candy, so I went to a 7-11 where I met this guy who said, "Want to see the boys?" I thought this was some kind of lewd comment, so I politely declined. Turns out, he was trying to buy tickets to U2. I guess a more reasonable person would have thought that first, but Central Sq has poisoned me. We talked for a while in line about how he drove out from Colorado to see them here and how he'd seen them in concert 40 times (!!). That's dedication.

Oddly enough, I'm back in NY at Grandma's. I'd planned on being up here this weekend anyway, so I saw no reason to change my plans just because I was here a week ago. As a nice surprise, my sister is up here too. I haven't seen her in a month or so, when she came up to stay with me for a day. It's nice to spend time with her, so that's fun too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home