Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

End of an Era

Tonight I finished the last of the Farscape DVDs from the 4 seasons. I'd already seen the miniseries that wraps everything up, so as of now, I've seen all of the episodes. Man, I am super bummed that Sci-Fi channel decided not to have another season of Farscape way back when, choosing instead to show innumerable, crappy, made for TV D grade movies. At least I can now see what all the fuss was about when people complained. I also decided to bite the bullet and just rewatch the mini-series finale. It should arrive on Wednesday.

Now I am at a loss. I signed up for Netflix just so I could watch Farscape. Now sure, I've gotten probably 44 DVDs from them, and since I've paid much less than the $220 or so that would have cost me to get them at Blockbuster, it is a good deal. Now I'll just have to try and find other things of interest in their 50,000 DVD library. Suggestions?

I do have some fun news for today. My Senate Contact and I went to finally complete my ski purchase. I got boots, bindings, and poles! I was stunned by how expensive they are. It really surprised me. I did manage to get a pretty good deal, though. I got $400 boots for $100, and my bindings were around $80. This means that all told, I spent about $300 for over $1,000 worth of equipment. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm REALLY glad to be getting it now, too, since for my birthday, my Senate Contact and I are going to Maine to go skiing. I've actually never been to Maine (such a shameful confession, I know), and I've never been skiing with him (not as surprising, since I always used his skis). It's gonna be really fun, and I'm super excited. For those who've "forgotten", my birthday is the second Friday of February. This year that happens to be the 10th. So terribly soon.

On the topic of Birthdays, today is Good Uncle H's birthday. He postulated that "psychological time goes as 1/n". I have noticed that things pass much quicker now. I can only imagine what things will be like when I too am just a little older...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home