Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Two more things

Two more small things of note. First off, I switched to Cingular. I honestly had no problem with Verizon (I'd used them for many, many years, with a brief break to use Sprint). The main reason I switched was that Verizon has no coverage around C-Ville. Not a good deal for a cell phone company. Cingular apparently has some deal with UVa, and I have a cute new phone, so both are good.



Second, I'm liking my new computer more and more. I found out today that it has a tiny slot for SD chips! These are the same chips that fit in my camera, my PDA, and in the little usb chip reader I have. At this point, everything that used to take up either USB or cardbus slots is not internal!



This being said, I'm less and less overwhelmed by Vista. Huge chunks were clearly just lifted from Linux. At one point today, I thought for a minute that I was in fact using the Linux box at my office, since the dialog boxes were EXACTLY those from Linux. This might explain why it took them so long to make this version of Windows: it takes a lot of trickery to seal away open source code and claim it for yourself...





powered by performancing firefox

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe you got a pc. for shame...

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home