Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Friday, February 23, 2007

So Many Changes

A great deal has changed since my last post. I'll summarize:

  1. I turned 27. It's probably my last prime to its power. I said that to Tim, and he said "yeah, you probably won't make 3,000". Guess I'm rubbing off onto him...
  2. I got a new computer! My temporary fix of installing Linux worked pretty well, but it wasn't perfect. I found a way to remove the troublesome hardware, but then I would have been out a USB connection. This way I have a computer I really like (so shiny and new) and it cost less than my tax refund (since I put most of my UVA salary into my 403(b) to try to max things out for 2006).
  3. I almost fell out of love with Jetblue. I was in NYC when they had a bit of a corporate melt-down, and they left me hanging. It's lucky they have such great service otherwise.
Ok. I guess not that much has happened. What a downer! I'm almost done with my project with V and Tyler. There is one tiny thing I have to do, then we can send it out. I feel bad that things are now delayed because of me, but I've been really tired this week. A certain four legged monster has been creeping out from under my bed and stealing the breath from my mouth while I sleep. Damn witches!

I'm somewhat underwhelmed by Vista. My new laptop runs it (though I will soon be dual booting with Ubuntu Linux). It seems a lot like XP, with more hidden in the things the system runs without me seeing anything. This is not quite the kind of thing I normally like... It's also funny how much the desktop et al now looks like KDE.

We are still waiting for law school news. It's a little scary for me to think how much I want him to get in here.

I'm giving a talk at a big birthday conference for some big names in my field. Talk about scary! I'm going to talk about the stuff with V and Tyler, but I'm not really sure what to even say. How odd! I've been thinking about this for months, but I'm not certain how to make a "sexy" talk out of it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home