Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year, New Resolutions

I'm back!

I'm currently in Boston, having finished up the semester at UVA. Both of my classes went well, and I'm only teaching one in the spring (on Tuesday, Thursday, no less). My students were really great, and I met lots of nice people through teaching.

I made a new website. I downloaded Dreamweaver, but since I don't have the $200+ to spend on the student version, I just got a trial version for one month. I did learn some HTML tricks, though, by watching how Dreamweaver generated code to match what I wanted.

I also have some new resolutions for this year. You'll be happy to know that I didn't complete even a single resolution this past year. Go me! On a random sample: I actually lost weight (go me, gaining "10 pounds"), I didn't read a single book in French, I blogged "ever week", I didn't work as much as I wanted, I am still never on time, and I am still a terrible friend.

This year, I'm going to have some more realistic ones, I hope.

  1. Work more. Ideally still every day, but we all know that won't happen. I'd be happier with most work days.
  2. Do more social things with my friends at UVA. I run the risk always of being a home body. While at MIT, Teena kept that from happening by having lots of parties and stuff. It hasn't really happened there. I did, however, just e-mail my friends there, asking them if we could have weekly dinner parties there. We'll see!
  3. Be healthier. I'd still like to gain 10 pounds (well, now 12, since I lost 2 pounds). I want to actually eat healthier, and perhaps be vegetarian for at least a month (probably not for life).
  4. Be a better friend! What a perpetual resolution for me. One time it might stick...
  5. Learn a new language. I'm leaning towards Arabic or perhaps ASL. I think I can take classes at UVA for free, so that's probably my best bet.
  6. Piano.
That's it. If I remember to `blog more again, I will try to include updates about my resolutions. No promises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home