Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Surrender

That's it. I give up. I've lost my war on High Fructose Corn Syrup. It was bad when my favorite sweets had it. Soda was also a little tough. But to find out that not only most juices but also most yogurts and my favorite cookies? That was the last straw.

So I'm hopping off the wagon. There is no reason for me to give up something so clearly bad for me but also such a staple in the America diet. When I become a brittle diabetic like my great grandmother was, we'll all know why. It won't be my crappy diet. It'll be because of HFCS.

On a happier note, I found a worm on the street yesterday! I've been looking for a while, since I wanted some to put in my windowbox garden and maybe into my compost "heap" (bucket). It's currently safe in my large planter, and I hope it makes everything grow extra large. We'll see!

Not much else to report. I am sure I'm forgetting loads of exciting stories (like how there is no internet at my apartment any more, so I am stuck not surfing the web!), but that's just the way it goes. If I remember more, and I'm near a computer, I'll write again later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home