Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Stanford!

I'm currently sitting in the computer lab on the third floor of the Stanford math department. I'm here both for a conference and to visit Chris Douglas, a friend from grad school. I've never actually been to California, so it's an interesting trip. I'm staying in a little apartment about 25 minutes (walking) from campus. It's cute and quiet and the second one I've been in since I arrived on Thursday night (the first had a gas leak). The conference is going pretty well, and I'm seeing lots of friends from all over.

Before coming here, I spent almost a week with my grandmother in Sanibel, FL. She didn't come see us for Christmas this year, so it was nice to get to see her down there during my break. Sadly, though, my computer decided that it was done with doing things like "working" and it's now on it's last legs. It takes 40 minutes to boot up! I think that there is some kind of hardware problem, but I haven't had the time to get it fixed. Of course it happens while I'm on vacation! Any suggestions for new computers? I think I'm suddenly in the market...

Anyway, that's about it. Tim is still in San Diego for a trial, and he'll be there through February [!!]. Mom and Dad are getting ready for their trip to Hawaii and then to Australia, and so far as I know, my sister is still working at Apple. Good times!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i'm still at apple, until i get another job, because they never schedule me anymore. but regardless, you should get a macbook because it is small and good and stuff. and it's still lighter than that clunker you have now!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home