Well it's about time...

Everyone else has been doing it, so why not me. Long, long ago, I learned that often crazier things happen to me than to other people. Maybe this will help me remember them. Even better, I'll finally have a forum to rant, keeping me from screaming on street corners for a few more days.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back At The DMV

I'm back at the DMV to get my car reregistered. This has been crazy-making. Unbeknownst to me, I had an unpaid property tax bill for the county that precluded this transaction when I was here on Monday. I paid that online, and now I am back. We'll see if this ends up being another wasted hour.

Of course, the DMV has its charms. The woman in front of me right now has a terrible speech problem and she is rambling on about doctors and her finances. It doesn't get better than this!

Today's the big day! I retooled my CV last night, and I worked on my cover letter. Today I will finish that up, make the requisite file of schools for Haynes, and start applying. Pretty scary. It's nice to be ahead of the game, though.

I also want to see how much of my argument with Mike I can write up today. It'd be nice to get that up on the ArXiv. Speaking of papers, I just got proofs to check for a paper. They look good, so I should be able to get those back to them ASAP. Then it'll be all done!

Posted with LifeCast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home